Hi, I’m Ed.
Born and raised in the U.K, currently based in Tokyo. I’ve been a User researcher for 5+years, working at agencies, startups and the U.K’s Government Digital service.
Most recently I was the first full time researcher at the Wellcome Trust before I left to cycle the length of Japan.
I love research, because it lets me learn new things, meet new people, and make things better.
Helping teams understand audiences and define problems is what I’m most interested in.
I have extensive experience working as part of an established research practice and embedding a new research practice within teams and organisations.
When I’m not at work, I love dancing and cooking (sometimes at the same time). I’ve also been doing yoga for the last ten years, which helps with all the cycling I do.
Some facts about me
- If you work with me, you will most likely see me dancing at my desk, probably to disco
- I have an above average knowledge of different types of cheese
- I’m really into cooking. Make my own sausages and miso levels of into cooking
- I really like wearing the colour orange
- I am extremely competitive when it comes to pub quizzes